Thursday, August 6, 2020

What's in a name

Use these floral name tags at your next big event! | Label ...

Whats in a name

"What's in a name" is something that room 11 did, it was to describe our name and the meaning behind it. We had to ask our family's about how we got our name and what the name means in our culture or religion or  what the back story is to our name. My Name is Kodiann and this is the meaning behind my name.

"The name Kodiann was given to me by my brother and uncle. I was born 10 months after my uncle passed away and when I was born my parents didn’t have a name for me. But the night I was born my brother woke up saying that my uncle (Wayne) (the one that had just passed) had come to my brother in his sleep telling him to name his sister Kodi, So to me the name Kodi represents my uncle. ‘La’ is my nana's name and means sun in Samoan, ‘Tuivale’ is my great grandmother's name that was passed down to my nana, but it's ‘Latui’ for short. Karl and Heppleston are both my parents' names."

That is the meaning of my name


No comments:

Post a Comment